Summer 17’ is just around the corner and there’s lots to do in the city of Toronto. This summer is full of events happening everyday around the city and there is literally something for everyone. In this article I’m going to mention the top 5 go to events of this summer.
- Pride Festival - The first big event that usually starts the summer off every year is Toronto’s annual Pride Festival that Starts on June 1st through the 25th. It’s a full month of activities and parties. Toronto’s pride festival attracts over a million people each year and is known for being one of the biggest pride festivals in the world.
- Taste Of Toronto – The Taste of Toronto is a foodie heaven and is one of Toronto’s most famous food festivals. The beautiful historic Fort York hosts this festival from June 15 to 18th it’s full of Food and Fun.
- TD Toronto Jazz Festival – The TD Toronto Jazz festival is known as one of North America’s premier Jazz festivals that’s been around for over 30 years. Its 10 days full of performances at over 40 different locations around the city. It goes down June 23rd to July 2nd check out the website for the full line up and more information on this event below.
- Toronto Caribbean Carnival – For over 53 years Caribana has become a huge international event and it’s the largest cultural festival in North America. Each and every year it brings Toronto together with music, culture and, food. This event starts on July 11th to August 7th, but the legendary parade is one of the main attractions that happens August 5th so check it out.
- CNE – The Canadian National Exhibition is an annual end of the summer ritual for every Torontonian since 1879. Even though it has changed drastically since then it’s a huge fair that brings over a million visitors each year. There’s rides, games, Interesting foods and, all kinds of activities for everyone. It’s from August 18th to September 4th it’s the perfect way to end the summer.
For more information on these events check out their websites for lineups and details. You can also click here for more events and festivals that are happening around the city this summer.
By Antonia Altomonte