College is a bitter sweet life experience for many of us it’s scary in the begging because were taking a step into starting our future careers and some of us are moving far away from home just to go to school.
College is also a great place to meet new people and make new friends and of course further your education plus all the great opportunities that come with it to help create your future.
No matter what year your in from start to finish college is full of ups and downs late nights, due dates, anxiety and early mornings. The best thing about it is the memories you’ll take with you, all the crazy all nighter’s and drunk nights with your friends and of course your graduation. You’ll look back on all the laughs, blood, sweat and tears and be happy you did it.
In the mean time while your struggling through it, here are some advice and tips for you to help you get through your up coming school year. Remember these are some of the worst and best times of our lives.
1. MONEY – The hardest part about being a student is the money problems that come along with it. Schools expensive let’s face it and going to work and school at the same time is exhausting. Unfortunately, this is one of the hardest parts that you just have to push through it’s a temporary situation that you will get through (that’s how you should look at it).
In the mean time, here’s some financial tips:
2. Energy – You will notice your energy may be the first thing to go before your sanity. We are not robots even though at times we wish we were, but school, work, and life will eventually catch up to you and over dossing on coffee and energy drinks wont help (Its also bad for you). Being sleep deprived is one of the worst feelings ever (trust me I know).
3. Priorities - As nerdy as it sounds PUT SCHOOL FIRST. Your spending all this money and time so at least do well and pass your classes. Stop hanging around deadbeats that are just here for the party and remember why you signed up in the first place.
4. Be Productive – Be the best you can be and do as much as you can.
5. Have Fun – It’s important to stay focused on your education and grades, but don’t keep your head in the books smell the roses once in awhile. College is very stressful so all you can do is make the best of it.
Good luck on your journey and “may the odds be ever in your favor” (lol).
By: Antonia Altomonte