Flick fails: Movie mistakes you never caught
There is evidently a lot of work (and money) that goes into putting together a blockbuster film. There are endless hours spent writing the script, finding the perfect cast, shooting in the most ideal locations and editing it up to make for a smooth and enjoyable flick. With all of this hard work comes inevitable errors that most movie-lovers would never have caught- and most movie producers regret not catching!
Here are some shocking blockbuster boo-boos that made it to the big screen:
1. Titanic: Yes, believe it or not the masterpiece that is the Titanic did have a flaw. Jack Dawson talks about Lake Wissota in one scene. What’s Lake Wissota you ask? It’s a man-made lake that was created five years after the Titanic sank.
2. Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls: Continuity is key. However, in one scene of Canada’s own Jim Carrey’s blockbuster hit, there is a continuity error. One part of the scene shows a fully-set chessboard but once it cuts to Ventura (Carrey) all of the chess pieces have magically disappeared!
3. Pretty Woman: This mistake is fairly easy to catch. In one scene of this blockbuster film, Julia Roberts is munching on a breakfast croissant but in the next scene, it miraculously transformed into a pancake.
4. Dallas Buyers Club: In a scene where Ron Woodroof (Matthew McConaughey’s character) is sitting in his office, a 2011 Lamborghini Aventador poster is hanging on the wall behind him. What’s the problem with that? The film is set in 1985. Oops!
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl: We all love some Captain Jack Sparrow and his hilarious wit, but did anyone see this coming? A crew member wearing a cowboy hat is visible just over Jack’s shoulder in the top left corner of the scene as Jack says, “On deck, you scabrous dogs.” I’m no history expert, but I don’t think there were cowboys on deck in the Pirate era!
By: Julia Colavecchia