2016 is here, are you ready for it? Here are a few tips on how to make the most out of this new year.
1. Take time for yourself. Yeah school and work are things, but take some time to make sure you are happy and healthy. If you’re not feeling well you don’t need to drag yourself out of bed. If something is getting you down talk to someone about it. You are the most important person in your life. Don’t forget it.
2. Set goals. Whether they be big or small setting goals helps accomplish things. You have something that reminds you there is a task to be completed. Just sticky notes and post them somewhere you are always looking. Computer monitor, bathroom mirror, coffeemaker are all good spots. Setting goals makes you accountable for your actions and wishes.
3. Ask questions. If you don’t know what you’re doing ask someone how to do it properly. There’s no sense in doing something if you’re doing it wrong. Asking questions shows you have an interest and want to learn and succeed. Employers like that. There’s no such thing as a stupid question.
4. Exercise and eat right. It sounds cliché but taking care of your body will do wonders for your mental health. You don’t need to take it to the extreme, but take the stairs once a day or go for a walk. Skip the pizza in favour of a salad or sandwich. Small changes can have a huge impact on your life.
5. Save your money. Put part of your monthly earnings aside for emergencies. Still buy what you need, but keep it necessary. Fast food is nice, but that eats up your budget real quick. Saving money makes you mature and will help you later in life.
6. Treat others with respect. This sounds like a silly thing, but thank the person who just made your food. Hold the door for someone right behind you. Just common decency! Treat other people how you want to be treated. It’s that easy.
These are just a few super simple things you can do to make your 2016 the best it can be.